Saturday, June 21, 2008

NOT new songs listened extensively this week for seemingly no reason

water curses - animal collective
hit the wall - brendan canning
cyoa - heartsrevolution
ill believe in anything - wolf parade
take it easy my brother charles - jorge ben
gozashteh - moein
babe im gonna leave you - led zeppelin
echoplex - nine inch nails
gobbledigook - sigur ros
vitamin c - can (one of my favorite songs of all time)

side note: taking a break from listening to radiohead non-stop since I was ten.
guilty pleasure deal - although I truly don't think coldplay are great songwriters, you have to admit The Scientist was one helluva single. probably everyone has cried at least half a time while that song was playing; or, more aptly, whenever you were crying the fuckin' song grew little legs, ran to a nearby television, or into your headphones, or onto your computer, and just played itself, like chris martin was hiding at every melancholic corner just waiting for you to lose your shit.

i remember laying under the table. having some major end-of-Dancer-In-The-Dark cryfest. or my friend travis at the end of watching A.I., which is another funny thing, because in all likelihood he and I are the only two who actually cried listening to The Scientist and watching Artificial Intelligence.

Which is why we're secretly in love.

But these days, The Scientist only makes me want to walk backwards to a car crash. It reminds Travis of the moment when he drove off to Arizona, turning around to look as I waved goodbye, further and further away, regretting applying to U of A - then putting foot to brake, running back toward me, as a smile creeps up on my face, and we stand there like gunslingers in the old West, and we wonder if bisexuality is in the mix, and this never happened although we both wish it did.

I want to be: Paul Thomas Anderson without the coke deal or Thom Yorke without the Creep deal.
I want the world to be: happy.

I fear for my life, just realized I'm paranoid (but no android), and miss my girlfriend.

No comments: